Procedure for replacement To replace a configured, connected CP 5512 with a CP 5711, follow the steps below:
1. Delete the configured CP 5512 from the Station Configuration Editor.
2. Remove the CP 5512 hardware from the PG/PC.
3. Restart your PG/PC.
4. Install the SIMATIC NET PC software.
5. Connect the CP 5711 to the PG/PC.
The plug and play function of Windows automatically searches for a driver.
6. Follow the instructions of the Hardware Wizard of Windows.
Do not activate the search for drivers on the Internet.
7. Download the CP 5512 configuration.