Visu+ Use ODBC DSN to connect SQL Server 2008

sonnh

Level-1
Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Hi everyone

I build my Visu+ 2.31 project on PC run Windows 7 64bit with SQL Server 2008R2

I use SQL Server to store Historical and Data Loggers from Visu+ project. Everything's ok when i use default ODBC Settings with "trusted_connection=yes" means that use Windows authentication. My server is set to support mixmode authentication.

Now, i create a new user in SQL Server and want to use that user by customize ODBC DSN. I've just customize ODBC DSN but it doesn't work. Visu+ cannot connect to SQL Server with new user :cry:. After that, i open file SQLServer2008.settings in folder Project/DATA/ but nothing happen, it likes default setting with "trusted_connection=yes".

Please help me!

Hey sonnh,

when using 64Bit operating systems there is a chance that the wrong ODBC manager is opened when editing ODBC connections directly in Visu+. Please use the 32 Bit ODBC manager found in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe".
If this does not solve your problem could you please tell me if the test function in the ODBC setup is working, or if you are already getting errors there? What happened to me alot was that I forgot to change the ODBC link from Windows to customized login in the second step.

Cheers
Mark

Zuviel Werbung?
Dear Mark

I've just use the 32 bit ODBC Manager like you said but nothing changes. I tried to create ODBC DSN with File DSN, User DSN, System DSN, all of them test function in the ODBC is working fine but I cannot connect to database. I feel confused about file SQLServer2008.setting, it always like default, do I need to modified it manually or not?

Thansk
Sonnh

Hey sonnh,

when using a SQL database with custom user, you have to put in a ODBC DSN User with the required user credentials.
It should not be necessary to modify the file manually.
If this still does not work would it be possible for you to contact our Hotline with Teamviewer ready so that I can have a look?
Just ask for me and I'm sure we can make it run.

Mark

Mark

Dear Mark

Thanks for your support. May be I'm wrong in thinking, I descript my project as below.

1. In my project, 1 PC with Visu project as Server, connect directly to PLC. Some tags in Visu server has their Datalogger. Another PC with Visu project as Client, tags connect to Server but don't need Datalogger. Everything's OK.

2. In Client PC, I only want to use Trend to display Datalogger from Server. Is it possible?

3. I want to use 1 PC with SQL Server just to store data from some Visu project servers. So, I need to use ODBC on each of Visu project Server, is it right and possible?

Thanks

Zuviel Werbung?
Hey sonnh,

when I understand point 1 correctly you are already using the networking feature of Visu+. To connect a trend on the client to the server just put in the servers IP address under "Execution -> Link to a Network Server".

As for 3. Every Visu+ runtime that wants to log data into a SQL database requires a working ODBC connection.

Were you able to make your custom ODBC conenction run?

Mark

Mark

Zurück
Oben