Communication Fehler mit PC Adapter

Bakkei

Level-1
Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Ich habe keine Ahnung ob ich nur auf Deutsch schreiben soll, aber mein English ist ein bisschen besser...

I have quite a nasty problem which I need to fix rather quick.

I use a Dell Latitude laptop with an RS232-MPI PC Adapter to communicate with a S7-300 PLC. I can set up communication and do transfers and block compares but every now and then my connection gets aborted. This happens the most while monitoring blocks online or using a VAT.

If the connection gets lost whilst using a VAT I get a message with a text similar to "No Communication" and "Compiler info: No Handle". (I don't know the exact messages; no time to write them down)

If the connection gets lost whilst monitoring blocks I get a message "Connection Aborted".

I use a clean installation of Windows XP SP2 (Installed 2 weels ago) and Step7 Professional 2006 V5.4

I sincerly hope somebody can help me out cause I need to get this machine debugged real fast! (Tomorrow just 5 hours left)

Do you have an adapter with 3 LEDs?

Which of the 3 LEDs turns off when the connection gets lost?

Do you have another master on the MPI - Bus?
If you have another master on the bus it could happen that both masters (e.g. a MP370 - Panel and the RS232 - USB adapter) get a conflict because there can be only one master on the bus.

If it only happens with huge VATs try to increase the percent level of the cycle time for communication.

You should be able to change this level in the harware configuration (see attached file)

I'm sorry. The screenshot is from a German version but I hope you can find the menu in an other version too.

Anhänge

• communication.JPG
    communication.JPG
    142,7 KB · Aufrufe: 25
Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Problem solved

Thanks for the info. Today I discovered that my adapter caused all the problems. With another RS 232 adapter there was no problem...

The tip for the cycle time for communication is great. The german menus are no problem. I'm bilingual in programming (English & German, I still call a Reset Urloeschen...). Just writing is a bit easier for me in English.

Zurück
Oben