Simulink to TwinCAT 3 code export

venkatreddy

Level-1
Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Hi,

I am trying to export Simulink to TwinCAT 3.I have followed the TwinCAT user manual and executed the same procedure. page 48 in the mention manal :
(https://download.beckhoff.com/downl.../twincat3/TwinCAT_3_Matlab_Simulink_EN.pdf).I am using windows 10 (x64) but while building simulink it's throwing an error. saying WinDD7 not found.simulink_Error.PNG
Still i exported to TwinCAT 3 and tried to Configure.I encountered Errors.In the image you can have a look.TwinCAT error.PNG
I hope i have given enough information.It would be grateful,if someone could help me.

Regards
venkat

Zuviel Werbung?
You mentioned, that you have installed the WinDDK7. Have you also set the environment variable as described in the docu?
Variable name WINDDK7
Variable value C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1

Further you have shown us a picture with the message: an error occured, please have a look into the logfile (inlcuding the link to the logfile). But where is the logfile? It would be nice if you give us a chance to helping you by publishing also the logfile.

You mentioned, that you have installed the WinDDK7. Have you also set the environment variable as described in the docu?
Variable name WINDDK7
Variable value C:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1

Further you have shown us a picture with the message: an error occured, please have a look into the logfile (inlcuding the link to the logfile). But where is the logfile? It would be nice if you give us a chance to helping you by publishing also the logfile.

Thank you for your reply.I have solved this Error.

When i tried to export the Dymola model from Simulink to TwinCAT , it's throwing syntax errors. Please have a look . simulink_Error1.PNG
I'm not quite sure about the reason.(i'm sorry,i don't know how to add log file here:ROFLMAO:).
Could you please help me.

This will not work! This has nothing to do with an error in the TE1400. The code exported from dymola is not realtime capable. But this will also not work for other target systems and this is also not the intend of the block you are using. The FMI interface is for exchange models between simulations tools and not to generate code from a model generated in an other simulation tool for a 3rd tool. Sry, but this makes no sense.

There will be an new product from Beckhoff TE1420 Target for FMI. By using this product you will get a link to dymola and other systems.

Zuviel Werbung?
This will not work! This has nothing to do with an error in the TE1400. The code exported from dymola is not realtime capable. But this will also not work for other target systems and this is also not the intend of the block you are using. The FMI interface is for exchange models between simulations tools and not to generate code from a model generated in an other simulation tool for a 3rd tool. Sry, but this makes no sense.

There will be an new product from Beckhoff TE1420 Target for FMI. By using this product you will get a link to dymola and other systems.

Thank you very much! I had no clue that it's not possible to Export.I'm quite new to TwinCAT , so i'm not familiar.

I am just wondering, is there any other way to export the Model from Dymola to TwinCAT?

Thank you for your answer. I read about the Target for FMI but this is yet to come.

You said that the exported code from Dymola was not real time capable. That is not true. We have a real time license for Dymola and we managed to run models in real time on an Opal RT hardware using the DymolaBlock in Simulink, so basically in a way that is comparable to what I am trying with Beckhoff/TwinCat now (Dymola model --> Dymola Block in Simulink model --> Export Simulink model to real time hardware).

The error message I am receiving is therefore not related to a missing real time capability of Dymola, but rather to an incompatibility issue, though I don't know what exactly. Do you have an idea?

OK, agreed. The formulation was not quite correct. If you define in Dymola to generate code for a windows platform (what is necessary to run in TwinCAT), Dymola also using headers for using functions running normaly in user mode. This functions cannot be used in TwinCAT, running in kernal mode. You have to use the TE1420 when it is available. Untill than it is not possible to generate TcCom-Modules out of Dymola.

Zurück
Oben