Step 7 Balluff bni005m

markolino

Level-1
Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Hi everyone, I need help understanding what's happening to my project. So during this week unfortunately my bni005m died. It was connected to the balluf master and controlled some outputs on the keyboard (light buttons). So I change it to another bni005m but the output doesn't work. Why? This product is the same of the product that died. Is it necessary to configure it correctly? Thank you all.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
I dont know this Device bit it looks like its a IO-Link to Digital I/O Converter.

You will have to set which pin is an input, and which is an output.

Zuviel Werbung?
Do you know RTFM?
I don't know the device, nor do I know IO-Link, but by taking a brief look onto page 8 of the manual, it is clear, that you indeed have to configure the device prior to using it. As far as I do understand the manual, each channel could/must be configured as input or output.

Do you know RTFM?
I don't know the device, nor do I know IO-Link, but by taking a brief look onto page 8 of the manual, it is clear, that you indeed have to configure the device prior to using it. As far as I do understand the manual, each channel could/must be configured as input or output.
Thanks for the answer. Yes i know RTFM, and i am sorry if you think that i'm not reading it.
I will check it again but I'm not founding the concepts that you say, but only a table with the byte of IO.
But all is already configured, because with the old bni005m all works well. I think that the bni005m has not needs of any configuration itself (the io link master where it is connected it is already configured). It has 2 byte input and 2 byte output.
I am sorry for that, i'm not an expert of this kind of protocol so if i have a problem i try for plug and play with another bni005m. If you want to explain me how I can configure this device i really appreciate.
I'm trying to understand if the bni005m is a part that supports plug and play installation...
Thanks a lot.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Thanks for the answer. Yes i know RTFM, and i am sorry if you think that i'm not reading it.
I will check it again but I'm not founding the concepts that you say, but only a table with the byte of IO.
But all is already configured, because with the old bni005m all works well. I think that the bni005m has not needs of any configuration itself (the io link master where it is connected it is already configured). It has 2 byte input and 2 byte output.
I am sorry for that, i'm not an expert of this kind of protocol so if i have a problem i try for plug and play with another bni005m. If you want to explain me how I can configure this device i really appreciate.
I'm trying to understand if the bni005m is a part that supports plug and play installation...
Thanks a lot.
As I've mentioned it before, I don't know the device and also anything about IO-Link. On page 8 the parameter of the device are described and I would say, that you have to set the parameter 41xx according to the usage of the port.

Zuviel Werbung?
As I've mentioned it before, I don't know the device and also anything about IO-Link. On page 8 the parameter of the device are described and I would say, that you have to set the parameter 41xx according to the usage of the port.
Maybe i understand. In page 7 the manual says that all pin of the 2 byte are input by default. I think this is the reason why the inputs work.

Index: 41hex
Sub index: 0-8 0-16
Object name: Port Direction
Access right: read/write
Default: 0x0000 (0 means input)

So from the master I will try to change the default value.
And now I understand because in the plc there are 2 bytes for input and 2 bytes for output: i think because in this way i can make all the combinations with the 2 bytes of the bni005m (1 input 1 out OR 2 input OR 2 out).
Hope this can be useful for someone else.
Thabks a lot.

Zurück
Oben