Beckhoff IPC commissioning

Paulserv

Level-1
Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Hi

There is a Beckhoff IPC of type C6920-0050 on our machine, have field bus error, and we need to diagnose it.

I tried to connect the device via X102 or X103 Lan interface to my laptop (On which installed the last version of TwinCat 3 with Windows 7 x64) to see if TwinCat shows anything.

But an IP problem is on the way, When searching broadcasts on "choose target" (in creating a new project procedure) finds nothing for me,

Then I noticed there is a Web base device manager for Industrial PC like C6920, Again no chance to connect to the device via https: //169.254 . ... / config. Maybe this is just for remote access.

Thanks for sharing me your experience.

Yours
Paul

Honestly? If you have no idea about the network settings how should an outsider give you an adivce.

As you say that its a Win7 device you can try a ping. Either per IP-Adress oder by Name. The default names (if not modified) is CP-<last six digits of the first mac-address).
If you have no idea about the name or IP-Adress you will have to connect a display / mouse to get the information straight from the win7 device.

Guga

Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Guga
Thanks

I have some experience on network setting, changing IP address, and ping process. and had gone with all I know to connect, failed.
Is there any possibility that I need to install something extra to TwinCat 3 on my laptop, something like Beckhoff network driver?

I tried to connect directly to the IPC with the help of a display/mouse, the IPC loads good in the first steps and recognizes all components OK, till reaches the LOGO of the machine manufacturer and stucks there.

P.S. Is it important for the version of TwinCat on my laptop to be compatible with the one installed on the IPC?

Yours
Paul

Remote Access requires no specific driver (on both sides). This is also true for ADS-Traffic (the beckhoff protocoll).
I would suggest you start the IPC with F8 in the "safe mode".
From there you can e.g. move the boot directory of TwinCAT to an other location (so the project can't start and TwinCAT stays in Config next time you start the IPC in the normal mode)....
Anyhow - if you then have a non blocking access to the IPC you will have to iteratively figure out the root cause.

Guga

Guga

I found that the IPC has a Windows Embedded Standard SP3, Registered to Beckhoff Automation, no TwinCat in the program files, but CoDeSys SP RTE Version 2.3.7.1

There is a Beckhoff file in program files of OS Disk, which contains IPC -Diagnostics.

Is there any chance to access to IEC project in the device to see what the error is? E. g. via Beckhoff Device manager web interface?
Do I need Codesys Development software or something like?

Best Regards.

Zurück
Oben