5069-L306ER

Paulserv

Level-1
Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Hello

I'm sorry that this the second time I discuss my issue in this forum, and I'm very thankful to some who contribute in the first, specially User "Oberchefe" .Just hope maybe this time I reach to a concrete result.

I bought a 5380 CompactLogix, (Just the PLC Unit, with no extra module) for my test bench and education purposes.
My 5069-L306ER is a new one, When I powered it on for the first time, there was no firmware, even V 1.0... (I don't know if this is odd or typicall). I have had to do a stage 2 reset, then the firmware went to 1.063 and I need to install new firmware. The problem appears when I want to install firmware,
Unfortunately there is no possibility to connect via Ethernet at all in RSLinx, no response to ping at all, no unidentified network at all, so no possibility to assign IP address in BOOTP-DHCP, and no blinking Net A1 and Net A2 Led's when I connect the Ethernet cable to the controller.
I tried to install V29, V30, V31, V32, V33. When I do this in control flash via USB. In CF software the process goes good to the end, the polling for power-up appears, the controller power off and when it power on again, every thing is gone, and there is no firmware again, even V 1.063, so no connection to RSLinx can made and I required to do a stage 2 reset again.

The log file of ControlFlash says:
[FAILURE] Device Identity: Error # 11003: Unconnected Send timed out waiting for a response.

I tried to flash it in CF +, the message in the end shows that "flashing finished", but the situation is as the same as CF after powering on.

For some reason, I couldn't connect Rockwell tech support, and this is my first time in Rockwell automation.

I just want to ensure the controller is broken before sealed to me, or there is a way to resolve this issue.

Best regards
Paul

hello,

It has been a while that i worked on Controllogix Processors but at that time i did it almost on all my projects. For the Processor not having any Firmware out of the box is completely normal. You have to flash your desired Firmware Version to the Processor using the Rockwell Bootp/dhcp server and the "Controlflash" Software. First you assign an IP Adress to the Controller using the Bootp Tool and after that you use the Controlflash Software to flash the desired Firmware. Instructions on how to use both Tools can be found on the Net. When I remember correctly, you write down the Mac Adress of the PLC then you connect your Controller via Ethernet with your Computer and start the Bootp Server. It should show all connected Devices on your Network. Now you locate the one with the correct Mac Adress and assign your desired IP Adress. After that you can add an Ethernet Driver in RSLinx which points to that IP Adress. Once it shows up in RSLinx you can then use Control Flash Software to flash any Version to your Processor you want. the Bootp/dhcp Server should be included in the Control Flash Software Package and as far as i remember you do not need a Rockwell Subscription to get it.

hope this helps

Zuviel Werbung?
-> Hier kostenlos registrieren
Chefkoch

I'm very glad to be able to connect to the controller via Ethernet, But in order to do this first I should assign an IP address to the controller via BOOTP software.
The problem is the BOOTP does not open at all, cause as I said before there is no ping at all from the controller, no network availability, to assign an IP address.

Thanks a lot
Paul

There is no IP Adress necessary to use the Bootp Tool from Rockwell. Thats why you have to write down the Mac Adress of the Controller which is provided on a Sticker on the Processor. This Mac Adress should then show up in the Bootp Utility, if it is not then check your Firewall settings. I flashed at least 100 of these Processors during my career and this method always worked. Also shut down your Anti Virus Software if any and use the Bootp/DHCP Server from Rockwell only to perform this task. If I remember correctly once it shows up in the Bootp Tool you do a right click on the Mac Adress and then you can enter an IP Adress for this Processor.

Greetings

The Rockwell Bootp Server looks like this once it is started. Your Processor should show up with Mac Adress only, the IP Adress Field should be empty. a right-click on the Processor then lets you configure an IP Adress. After you are done and the Processor shows up in RSLinx afterwards you should use this tool to disable Bootp and dhcp.

4525024267__Web.gif

Greetings

Zurück
Oben